30 January 2013
On the whole I think that the course is well organized and facilitators have been active. The resources are relevant, useful and new to me, so I’ve been exploring them and applying to my project «OER module for teacher training».
Every week I have opened a wiki related to the theme and learning outcomes, which for week 3 embraced:
- Conceptualise the learning design process from different perspectives
- Apply some learning design resources, tools and methods to your design
- Critique a range of pedagogical approaches and the role that different technologies play
- Review, share and discuss the theoretical underpinnings, benefits and limitations of design representations across educational contexts
- Develop an innovative storyboard, learning activities and a structure for implementation
- Opportunity to gain the 3 Weeks and Resource Gatherer badges
The links for my wikis are:
In the last two weeks I have applied the Learning Design methods and tools presented in LD Design GRID to my «OER module for teacher training», namely, Scenario, Narrative, Storyboard (in Glogster), Course Map, UML Diagram and Workflow (Gliffy). I suppose the Course Map was my favourite. Some were not so relevant because I have already my project contextualized in my professional activity and as it is a development of work previously done, there’s not much brainstorming involved.
I have explored the 7C’s of LD slideshare (Conceptualize, Capture, Communicate, Collaborate, Consider, Combine and Consolidade), the course features (pedagogical approaches, principles, guidance and support, content and activities, reflection and demonstration, communication and collaboration), the different templates to organize learning units (course map, activity profile, storyboard).
Comments in clouds:
Activity: Different approaches to design – http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7735 (also in Google Groups)
7 C’s for LD presentation – http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7743 (also in Google Groups)
Motivation – Its place in LD: http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7886 (also in Google Groups)
Imagining the Design – http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7579
Readings of clouds:
I’ve selected and read two of the case studies that used course map tool:
- Patrick McAndrew narrative on the adaptation of a course that already existed «Introductory module to Maths using OER» for a new context in USA, replanning required using Course Map tool.
Cloud on LD toolbox – http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloudscape/view/1882
Cloud Activity: OULDI activity profile OER – http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/6596
Cloud Activity: OULDI Course features – http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/5950
Creation of 3 more clouds to add resources:
http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7876 – Mindmap (Mindomo) – Context, learning theories, learning design
http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7877 – Glogster – Multimedia visualization of OER Module structure
http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7878 – Wiki – Instructional and Learning Design models