10 September 2012
It starts today the MOOC «Introduction to K-12 Online Learning Research», «aiming to provide a broad overview of the field of K-12 online learning, specifically what is currently known based on the research that has been conducted in the field».
«The MOOC will be managed by a variety of scholars in the field of K-12 online learning in an asynchronous fashion covering eight different topics over a over four week period.
- MOOC Introduction and Classifying K-12 Online Learning
- History of K-12 Online Learning
- Overview of Research into K-12 Online Learning
- Design of K-12 Online Learning
- Teaching of K-12 Online Learning
- Facilitation of K-12 Online Learning
- K-12 Online Learning from an International Perspective
- Concluding the K-12 Online Learning Research MOOC»
I work at the Ministry of Education in Portugal, in Special Education, my vocation being eLearning and virtual communities.
I’m particularly interested in the US experience of virtual learning in K-12, since this is the spectrum of pupils I’m professionally involved with.